Sunday, July 18, 2010

Actions REALLY DO Speak Louder Than Words

"So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead... For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead." - James 2:17, 26

"I believe in God."  Wow. Awesome.  Here's what God says about that: "You believe that God is one; you do well.  Even the demons believe—and shudder!" It's kind of convicting when demons have a greater response to the reality of God than those who simply believe in God.

Christian: our works validate our salvation.  Please understand me here.  I am NOT saying that we are saved by works.  Scripture teaches that we are saved by God's grace (Ephesians 2:8-9).  We do not do good works (Ephesians 2:10) so that we can get to heaven but rather because we already have heaven.  Because I have truly encountered Christ and surrendered to him, my life is different.  I am called to follow and to live the life that Jesus calls me to.

If others can't see your faith, it's probably because you don't have any.  Faith is so different than belief.  Now let's live out our faith so that others can see our Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment