Friday, July 23, 2010

The Beauty of Belonging

"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.  Once you were not a people, but now you are God's people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy." — 1 Peter 2:9-10, ESV

Before Jesus, I was lost.  I had no true identity.  I was alone.  BUT, then it happened.  Here's the identity that describes me now since Jesus took over:

1.  Part of a chosen race
2.  A priest in the royal priesthood
3.  Part of a holy nation
4.  A person of God's own possession.

And that's when it hit me.  And then Peter continues on in 1 Peter 2:10, stating that I used to be totally alone, but now I am part of God's people.  I BELONG TO JESUS!!! I am his. I've experienced his mercy in my life.  I've received his gift of salvation.  I've surrendered to him as the Lord of my life.  My job now: "...that [I] may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." I'm supposed to brag about the one who has me.

If you have Christ, you have everything.  The crazy thing is this: I'm beginning to wonder if he thinks the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment