Monday, July 19, 2010

It May Sound Lazy...

"Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth." — Psalm 46:10, ESV

Be still? Are you kidding me? Does God understand how busy I am? Does God understand how this culture works? Does God understand that society does not allow me the pleasure of being still? I have to GET IT DONE!!! I have to make it happen.  I have to keep going or else I will fall too far behind and never be able to catch up.

Here's the thing: The attitude explained above is the expression of the person who does not truly grasp the reality that God is God.  To freak out at the first sign of trouble reveals the practical atheistic tendencies that still show themselves in all of us when we forget that GOD IS GOD!!! To constantly be in a state or worry and anxiety is to say to God that I don't believe him.

Notice there is a key word that is repeated two times in this verse revealing God's ability and certainty.  Will. He will be exalted among the nations.  He will be exalted in the earth! He is not guessing at anything.  He is not hoping that his plan will work.  Rather, he KNOWS that it will work because he is God.

What are you facing? What are you having to walk through? First step every single time: be still.  How can you do this? Because you know that he is God.

1 comment:

  1. "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything" James 1, 2-4
    This is the objective, "be mature and complete" but this get in the training us, training its to act! Regards.
    Yazmin!!!

    ReplyDelete