Thursday, July 8, 2010

Deer God...

What a great day it was. Seriously. It started off with breakfast, worship, and individual quiet times. Then, boats. Boats all day. It was so much fun.

After dinner it was time for chapel. Tonight I walked down there knowing that I wasn't supposed to be teaching any more of the messages that I had planned for this week, but clueless after that. I sat there during worship asking God what he wanted me to teach. As I was sitting there I noticed a bunch if our students looking behind me in the distance. I looked back and there running across the field was a buck deer. It was awesome. And then it hit me: "As a deer pants for water so my soul longs for you.". That was God's message for us tonight: to be people who actually long and thirst for God rather than merely being satisfied with the do's and don'ts of Christianity. A great night.

Thank you for praying. Please keep it up. More updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment