Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Praying Anywhere & Everywhere

Taken from "Smith Wigglesworth on Prayer":

"When traveling by ship from England to Australia, these people came round me and said, 'We want to know if you will join us in an entertainment.'  So I had to go quietly to the Lord and ask, 'Can I?' I had the sweetest rest about it being all right.

"So I said, 'Yes, I will be in the entertainment.'  They said, 'What can you do?' 'I can sing,' I said.  Then they said to me, 'Well, we have a very large program and would like to put you down to sing a song.'  'Oh,' I said, 'my song will be given just before I sing.  So you cannot put it down until I am to sing.'

"They said, 'We are very anxious to know what place you would like to be put in the entertainment.'  'Well, how are you going to finish up?' I asked.  'We're going to finish with a dance,' they replied.  'Put me down just before the dance,' I said.

My turn came.  A woman, half-dressed, no sleeves, no skirts, came to play for me.  I gave her the music.  'Oh,' she said, 'I never, never could play that kind of music.'  'Don't you be troubled now,' I said.  'I have music and words.'  I sang:

If I could only tell it as I know it,
My Redeemer who has done so much for me;
If I could only tell you how much He loves you,
I am sure that you would make Him yours today.
Could I tell it? Could I tell it?


"I never could tell it.  The people were weeping all over.  The dance was put off.  They couldn't have a dance.  But we had lots of prayer meetings.  We had some fine young men give themselves to Jesus."

This happened on a cruise.  Can you imagine? A cruise ship breaking out in revival for Jesus.  It boggles my mind that something like this could happen on a cruise ship while so many Christians attend a worship service every week experiencing little change.  It's not right! As we come together to worship, may we be so bold as to long to see the moving and the working of the Holy Spirit.  The problem: when we do, he will show up and he will not leave us the same.  Get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment