Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Journey Has Just Begun

From "Rees Howells: Intercessor" by Norman Grubb. A book sharing what a life truly submitted to the leading of the Holy Spirit looks like.

"In the future, as a steward," the Lord said, "you will not have the right even to give without My permission. And not a penny of My money will be spent except on essentials.". Explaining what He meant by this, the Lord asked him, "If you had a family of children who were without food or clothing, would you spend a penny on a daily paper, or on any non-essential?" "No." "Well, the world is My parish, and while there is one person needing the necessities of life you will not spend a penny on anything else."

What have I made essential to life at the expense of the necessities of so many being overlooked and neglected? I do not write this as a blanket statement of conviction. Rather, I share this as a time to make sure that we all are submitted to God's will in every part of our lives--starting here in our finances.

I've spent this weekend reading about the life of Rees Howells, being confronted with the fact that the Holy Spirit has so much more to work out in me. Just when I thought I was doing well, I'm reminded that the journey has just begun. If you were to ask if that frustrates me or if I'm bummed out in any way, I would say boldly, "Absolutely not. What a ride it truly is."

No comments:

Post a Comment