Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thoughts About Mexico

It's Friday, 5:30am. Today is Good Friday. As I lay here and think about the time, I am reminded that 2,000 years ago Jesus was awake, going through the horrendous experiences that led to his crucifixion. He died on the cross so that I could know him. He rose from the dead so that I might be free. And this week, in Cuernavaca, Mexico, Jesus showed me that he is alive and well, working in the hearts of people to bring them into a reconciled relationship with God.

Here are some of the highlights of the trip:

  • Every time that a chance to publicly surrender to Jesus was made, someone did. I would estimate that between 30-40 people surrendered their lives to Jesus during the chapel times over the week.

  • On Thursday night, the closing praise and worship time blew my mind. We couldn't get them to stop. Ryan Hall was leading our closing worship time that night. When he "finished," the students just kept on worshipping. They continued singing. They raised their hands. They began to cry out to God on their own. They prayed together. It was awesome. This lasted for about twenty more minutes. We were all in awe of this special time.

  • I was able to go out and see the teams in action at their ministry sites. I was so touched. I was able to witness first-hand the Church in action as everyone used their gifts for Jesus.


This week of ministry was unbelievable. Praise Jesus for all that he accomplished. Thank you for praying.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your updates. Continuing to pray....

    ReplyDelete