- Always solve problems face to face.
- Assume that all messages you send can and may be read by anyone.
- If you are being bullied online talk to an adult, and take it very seriously.
- Keep webpage private and never share your password(s).
- Don't give out ASL (Age/Sex/Location).
- Never post anything online that you don't want the world to see.
- Never make a threat over the internet, even as a joke.
- Print out any threats you receive or see online and show them to an adult.
- If someone says something to make you uncomfortable, sign off and block them.
- Never meet anyone in person that you met online without parental consent.
- Avoid chat rooms and never go private session with a stranger.
- Keep your web cam unplugged when not in use.
Monday, April 5, 2010
12 Rules for Cyber Safety
I read this article (source unknown) which gave the 12 rules for cyber safety that parents should pass on to their teenagers. Here they are: