Saturday, April 24, 2010

Updates from the Past Couple of Days

TO: My amazing prayer team.

I am so sorry that this has taken me so long to get out to you.  It has been a whirlwind of a week (which I'm sure you've experienced your own storms as well).  Here's a recap of the week:

  • Wednesday night. AWESOME! God is continuing to confirm that he is leading this movement on Wednesday nights.  And again, Jesus allowed us to see the miraculous happen as a man, who was probably in his sixties or so, stood up to surrender to Jesus.  It was incredible! All I did was ask him to stand, and he did.  The place went nuts (by the way, I'm convinced that anyone who has a problem with shouts of joy and celebration in church really have a problem with heaven and won't like it much when they get there).  Everyone was screaming and yelling, celebrating like all of heaven does (Luke 15).  And then as I spoke to him the words of Romans 10:9,10, he walked up and stood with me.  People continued to celebrate.  He then went off with our prayer team and they prayed with him and explained even more the decision that he had made to surrender to Christ.

  • CMTA. I taught a couple of seminars yesterday at the CMTA Convention in Pasadena.  I taught a seminar on how to develop a leadership team and  another one on the need to disciple students.  It was a blast.  I love getting to hang with other youth workers and "talk shop."  It was a blast.


Today, Kelley and I are going to the wedding rehearsal of Jake Ebersole and Meghan Burns.  I have the privilege of marrying them tomorrow.  It is always a huge blessing to me to marry a couple who loves Jesus with everything and who love each other.  I would appreciate your prayers for this.

Thank you again for everything you do for me.  God is firing me up and I'm excited about what's coming.  Hope you have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment