Sunday, April 25, 2010

FULLY KNOWN!!!

"Now I know in part; then I shall know fully; even as I have been fully known." - 1 Cor. 13:12 (ESV)

HAVE BEEN fully known.  It is not that God is getting to know me.  It is not that God is finding out things about me as I go.  Rather, I HAVE BEEN fully known.  He knows every thought.  He knows every motive.  He knows every temptation, sin, struggle, victory, defeat, pass, fail, etc...

I have been fully known.  David's response to this in Psalm 139 is this:

"Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it" (Ps. 139:6).

Too wonderful? Really? How do I get there? I have shame.  I have disgust and embarrassment.  How do I get to it being "too wonderful"? Answer: Start accepting that God loves for me is based entirely on his character rather than on my conduct. It is easier said than done but this is the key to freedom from condemnation.

"Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.  For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect, has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.  Let s then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace to help in time of need" (Hebrews 4:14-16, ESV).

Jesus knows and understands that we are tempted in EVERY WAY! Because we are tempted in every way, he sympathizes with our weaknesses because he too was tempted in every way, yet was without sin.

JESUS — I can't believe it! You are indescribable! You sympathize with me in my weakness.  You know that I will be tempted and you sympathize with me.  Thank you. I'm humbled and encouraged.  You have spoken to me today in a most personal and intimate way.  This is exactly where I have been struggling.  Please make what you've shown me today the constant reality of my life.

Psalm 103: 14 — "For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust."

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post brother Brian! I know. I am so glad He loves me so. I am so glad that every time I fail, I look to Him who died for me and I'm just so thankful to have a loving Heavenly Father who sees me as white as snow and will help me do better. I think I know this better now than I did when I was first baptized.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete