Thursday, September 8, 2011

UPDATE from FLOOD

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

That's how this update has to start off.  Last night absolutely frickin' BLEW MY MIND!!! We started a new series called, "UPGRADE", with the first topic being forgiveness.  We looked at how we need to receive God's forgiveness, but also how are called to forgive others.  Here are a few of the highlights:

  • Our attendance was back up.  I don't know exactly how many but I would guess that we saw between 250 and 275 at worship last night.  That's about 125-150 more than the week previous.
  • I called people to come forward for one of the following: a). Come forward to surrender to Christ as their Lord and receive his salvation for the first time.  b).  Come forward and confess to God their need for his help in forgiving someone.  Between 20 and 30 people came forward.
  • We baptized four people.
  • We celebrated after the worship service with THE ENCORE - the party that we always have on baptism nights.
  • The high school ministry brought in a ton of new people, and then had a luau after the worship service (and what luau would be complete without the roasted big).
See "Babe" the pig at the bottom of the screen.
I am still absolutely in awe of what I saw happen last night at FLOOD.  I even saw Kristin, Lauren, and Bradley all show up to worship.  You have no idea who these three people are, but I do.  I met them last week when I was preaching at Hume Lake.  They were up there with their parents for something their dad was involved in.  Small world.

Thank you so much for praying.  God is on the move.  Seriously.  There is a momentum building within the next gen ministries at PFB Church that I have not been a part of, but I am so thankful that I get to be part of it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment