Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Call to a Solemn Assembly

HEY FLOOD,
This is for you from one of you.  This is not something that I brought about on my own.  This is one of you emailing this and challenging us to do this.  And you know what: he's right.  As God is beginning to do new and amazing things within FLOOD, we need to prepare ourselves by being people of PRAYER. Here's what he is challenging all of us with, and what I am agreeing and signing my own name to:

"'...if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.  Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place.  For now I have chosen and consecrated this house that my name may be there forever.  My eyes and my heart will be there for all time.' — 2 Chronicles 7:14-16, ESV — 
"Dear FLOOD,
"As we come nearer to the day of IGNITE on Oct. 1, our expectation should be nothing less than a direct and personal encounter with the living God.  This should terrify us.  If it does not, I humbly submit that you do not yet grasp the truth and consequences of His Holiness.
We must be united in prayer and humbly submitted to completely turning over our hearts to Him who saved us from the pit of hell.  We are at war for the souls of men.  Divided hearts cannot claim the power, nor realize the promised victory we have in Christ Jesus to reach the lost.
"God cannot accept anything less than our complete submission.  His Holiness and the work of Jesus on the cross will not accept the stained sacrifice of partial obedience.  Make no mistake, such an offering is detestable in the eyes of God. 
"Read Deuteronomy 17:1-5 
"The truth of this passage will reveal the thoughts and intentions of the heart (Hebrews 4:12).  To those whose hearts are His, abundant thanks and fearful joy will fill your soul.  Any sting of conviction should prayerfully considered and brought before the throne of Grace. 
"On Friday night September 30 in the Main Sanctuary from 7-9 pm, we are calling a Solemn Assembly to prepare our hearts and clear the way for the Holy Spirit to baptize our service and sanctify our hearts with His presence on Saturday night.   In the days leading up to our time together, we are issuing a challenge.  It is intended to prepare us for what will be a time of Holy Communion with our Lord.
 "PREPARE OUR HEARTS."
 I would like to apply this prayer time for IGNITE as well as for FLOOD.  We must be people of prayer.  We must be people who worry more about spending time with God in prayer than spending time with each other trying to think of the next clever sermon series title or graphic.  This is a call.  This is a challenge.  On Monday, September 12th I will send out part one of this challenge.  I will then send out another challenge on the next two Mondays leading up to IGNITE.

If you will join us for prayer on September 30th from 7-9pm in the worship center at PFB, please leave your name on the comment section of this blog.  COME ON, FLOOD!!! This is the first step before God unleashes his FLOOD.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the confusion on the blog earlier this morning. The blog said that we are meeting on January 30th for prayer. That's not true. Note the change above: September 30th is the date. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete