Monday, March 8, 2010

Are You Excited?

Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. - Matthew 24:42 (ESV)


As I read Matthew 24:32-51 this morning, I didn't freak out.  Believe it or not I am SO PUMPED UP for Jesus to come back.  It's not because I hate my life - I absolutely LOVE my life.  It's not because I'm scared of something that I have to face.  I'm just really excited to get to see Jesus.  I just really want to see him.

I can remember in high school "wanting" to see Jesus so long as he came back after I got married.  And then after I got married, it was after I had some kids.  But it hit me, and still does hit me: How would I feel if my friends kept putting off wanting to see me because they wanted others things first? What if, those people that said they adored me and loved me so much kept telling me why they couldn't or didn't want to meet up with me? Of course, now I'm married and have kids so it easy for people to say, "Of course you would be ready."  To them I say: there is a whole lot more of life that comes after getting married and having some kids, and I can say with all honesty that I cannot wait to see Jesus.  I don't want anything more than to see Jesus.

Is there an excited anticipation that fills your heart and mind when you think of the second coming of Jesus? I hope so.  Because I'm convinced that to look at the return of Christ with disappointment or terror reveals the true heart of that disciple.  We should be so pumped up for his return.  But until he comes back, we've got work to do.  No more excuses.  We need to STAY AWAKE and BRING IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment