Thursday, March 4, 2010

More Celebrating!!!

TO: MY PRAYER PARTNERS

Today I spoke at Western Christian. The whole way there I was asking God what he wanted to share with the students. No response. I got there a little early and kept asking. No response. I went in and thought of a preachable passage and thought it would work. The ASB chaplains met me and started praying for me and for the chapel time together. And then God spoke. He let me know his message. I spoke on the need to "BRING IT" for Jesus. It is so easy at a Christian school (and I speak from experience) to lose sight of Jesus, to lack passion for him and for his mission. So God had me speak on the need to LIVE in him, not just believe about him. Here is what Jesus did:

  • THREE STUDENTS SURRENDERED TO JESUS. It was awesome.

  • About 40 students stood up to confess that they had been doggin' it for Jesus on their campus and were wanting to see change happen.


ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!

I met some students after chapel was over who said the message was exactly what the school needed to hear.

After it was over, I had a great chat with a young lady who asked me, with tears in her eyes, "Is it wrong to doubt my faith?". I pointed her to Matthew 11 where John the Baptist doubted and worked through that with her.

As I type this out, I'm blown away and in awe of how God does what he does. He got the perfect message out to the right students, and he gave me about 10 minutes notice. He rocks my face off!!!

Thank you for praying.

2 comments: