Thursday, January 21, 2010

Time To Step Out

Can you relate with this? It's weird.  I have a shy side.  Seriously.  I know I'm outgoing, but all of a sudden this shy side will show up and I become totally content in being by myself and saying absolutely nothing to anyone.

Tonight I went to Tyler's school for a pizza/bingo night (and a PTA meeting that Kelley "forgot" to tell me about - but it's okay, I made a second on a motion presented to the people there.  I felt very powerful but I still do not know what I gave a second to).  When I walked in I became that quiet guy ready to just sit down amongst a group of people and say nothing.  These people I was sitting with were the parents of kids that are in Tyler's kindergarten class.  However, there was just something in me that made it uncomfortable to be quiet.  So, I started making some jokes.  I started talking to the people around me.  I started playing with their kids.  Why?

"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." - Matthew 5:16 (NIV)

It is so easy to be a light at church.  However, a light stands out better in the darkness.  I don't have a clue as to whether those that I sat with tonight know Jesus.  However, I should be living my life for Christ no matter what as if every person I meet needs a relationship with Jesus.

So, how was your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment