Friday, January 29, 2010

Bonita Update...

TO: My heroes who faithfully pray for me

I wanted to thank you for praying.  God has been doing a work in my life, encouraging me to continue on in what he wants me to do.  It actually started last night on my drive home from the Los Angeles Campus of Azusa Pacific where I serve as a chaplain for the degree completion and grad students enrolled there.

I sat in my little office waiting for students to come in, wondering why I was feeling so dry.  It then hit me: when I'm driving, very often I just put on talk radio and hear the same stuff over and over.  I then remembered that Francis Chan came out with a book that was also for sale in audio format called, "Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit."  So, I bought it.  I listened to it the whole way home and OH WOW - the Holy Spirit did some work in me on that drive home.

_________________________________________________________________

Today, I shared with a group of about 35 high schoolers at the Christian Club of Bonita High School.  I also met the youth pastor of Grace Church of La Verne, Barry Bishop (THIS GUY IS AN ABSOLUTE BLAST and boy do I look forward to getting to know him).  I taught out of Matthew 17, when Jesus was transfigured before Peter, James, and John.  The passage pretty much takes us through the holiness of God and the care of Jesus.  Then it asks us the question: is Jesus really enough? If you have nothing and no one else, is Jesus really enough.  It really was a powerful time with those incredible high school students.

A great time.  Thank you for praying.  I would appreciate your prayers as I continue to prep the message for the Sunday mornings services at PFB.  I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment