Monday, January 18, 2010

"We've Always Done It That Way..."

Matthew 15:1-9

It is so easy to turn my own personal preferences into God’s objective and revealed will.  I can have preferences and opinions, but God’s word and will stand alone.  To automatically hold that my opinion is God’s will is pretty arrogant when looked at objectively.  That’s why God’s written word is so important.

“This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.”

When I teach my own opinions as God’s commands, when in reality I didn’t base my opinion on God’s opinion, I am wasting my time.  I don’t want to look back over my life only to find nothing to show for it.  I may preach thousands of times, but if I preach my own personal opinions, it will be as if I never said a word.

Jesus - I pray that the only opinion that I have is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment