Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dead Man Walking


"When the large crowd of the Jews learned that Jesus was there, they came, not only on account of [Jesus] but also to see Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead." — John 12:9, ESV

Can you even imagine it? You're dead. Then all of a sudden, you're alive. What did Lazarus see and experience when he died? What was it like to wake up from death at the command of the Son of God? What was it like?

"He's alive!" What was everyone thinking? What was everything doing and saying? What were people saying as they took off the grave clothes that covered Lazarus? What emotions flooded the hearts and minds of Jesus' disciples? Martha and Mary? The crowd? And as word spread all over the place about what just happened, what were people thinking?

What were thinking? I have no idea. But I know this: "When the large crowd of the Jews learned that Jesus was there, they came, not only on account of him but also to see Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead." The crowd came out to see Jesus. However, the crowd was also coming out to see Lazarus. They wanted to see "the dead man walking."

Here's what stood out to me on this. The crowd wanted to see Lazarus because of the drastic change in his life. He went from dead to being alive. Well, here's the truth for us Christians: we have gone from death to life as well. The life that I live is a testimony of the transformational power of God in my life. I want people to want to see me because of the fact that Jesus has done a work in me and I will proclaim him to them.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment