Tuesday, August 30, 2011

He's Up To Something Up Here...

My time speaking at Hume Lake began last night.  There are about 110 people up here for Hume's Spiritual Emphasis week, all of them from one high school in Santa Clarita.  God has allowed me to speak at a bunch of camps over the past 10 years or so, and I've come to accept that it takes a while for students to get engaged in the chapel times at camp.  I've also learned over the years that Christian school kids usually take a little bit longer, being that they have the struggles of having chapels every week and Bible classes and assignments and stuff (and please know that I'm speaking from personal experience here :).


Well, last night the kids were engaged in worship.  They were responsive to the message.  This morning was no different.  Same thing.  Last night I spoke from Job 38-42, teaching about God's glory and holiness (JUST A REMINDER: there is nothing impressive about God's grace if there is nothing terrifying about his holiness).  This morning we looked at Mark 5 when Jesus healed the woman with the discharge of blood and when he brought Jairus' daughter back to life.  The main point: God's love is not just an idea that we are to grasp intellectually and emotionally, but something that is very practical and to be witnessed and experienced every day.  As I was finishing up, I saw a young lady wiping away tears.  I'm excited to see what God continues to do in her while we are here.


Thank you for praying.  Please keep it up.  It's a joy for me to be up here.  It's amazing to be preaching from the stage of the same chapel where I truly surrendered my life to Jesus the summer before my senior year of high school.  I'm blown away.  20 years later I pray that I can be used in the life of a student and to see that student surrender in the same way.


Jesus, please use me for your glory here.Tags: , ,


No comments:

Post a Comment