Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Prayer for this Week...

First of all, I want to thank you for praying for me for this past weekend up at Hume Lake. I wish I could put into words what I was able to witness Jesus accomplish while I was there. I don't think I have ever preached like I did up there anywhere else ever. I was absolutely blown away by the way that the Holy Spirit took control of that chapel time with the students.

There were about 960 high schoolers at this winter camp. On Sunday night, as I called students to surrender to Christ for the first time, or to repent and come back to that relationship with him that they had enjoyed in the past, the response was nothing less than miraculous. I would guess that between 60-70% of the people stayed back on Sunday night to make a decision for Christ and/or repent and come back to Jesus. I couldn't believe what I saw. I even leaned over to someone who was standing next to me to ask him if he was blown away by what he was looking at. He was right there with me: AMAZED!!! Thank you for praying.

Here's how you can be praying for me this week:

1). On Thursday night I am continuing in our study through the book of Acts at FLOOD in Claremont at Purpose Church. This is the third week that we have been in Claremont, and the third week that we have been in the book of Acts. Please pray for me as I prep, pray through, and preach this message. I spent some good time studying the passage this afternoon but am not sensing just yet where exactly God is wanting to go with this passage.

2). On Saturday evening we have IGNITE (www.igniteusnow.com). I have a smaller part in this IGNITE as Jarrid Wilson and Phillip Allen come out to teach, with James Rensink and Ryan Hall leading worship. I have an absolutely INCREDIBLE leadership team for IGNITE, and they have worked tirelessly to see this happen. It is this Saturday night at 5pm at PFB Church. I have been excited with the registrations that we have received. People from Carson to a group of 20 from Chino have told us that they are coming, youth groups from Pomona as well as Alta Loma are joining us (along with others).

If you have time on Saturday and want to join us, please do. I would love to see you out there for it (601 N. Garey Ave, Pomona, CA. 91767). If you can't join us in person, please join us live online (www.pfblive.tv)

3). On Sunday morning I am starting a 5-part Bible study through the book of Philippians at Purpose Church in Claremont. Please pray for me as I pray through, prep, and teach this class.

That's about it for now. Thank you so much for praying. God is on the move and I am absolutely blown away by what I have been watching.

Thank you all. I love you more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment