Wednesday, March 20, 2013

So How Are You Doing?


"If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together." — 1 Corinthians 12:26, ESV

What would happen if I actually responded to life WITH everyone else? I can become so focused on my stuff and the things that I need to take care of and get done that I can easily take myself out of community with other believers. Yet, this is a result of self-centeredness, not of following Christ.

This verse, this morning, was a reminder to me that I am on a journey with Christ and WITH OTHERS. And these "others" are not just people that I will bump into here and there, never to see again. Rather, these people are my family because of the bond that comes with being in a relationship with Christ, and who I will be with forever. When one family member suffers, I suffer with them. When one of my family members is honored, I rejoice with them. I don't respond to their suffering with thankfulness to Jesus that I am not suffering. I don't respond to someone being honored with jealousy, wondering when my honor is coming. Rather, I respond to live WITH others and enter into their joys and sorrows, and vice versa. To enter into life with others.

So how are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment