Saturday, March 16, 2013

May We Never Arrive

If anyone imagines that he knows something, he does not yet know as he ought to know. (1 Corinthians 8:2 ESV)

I am one of those people who can get so caught up in arriving somewhere that I often forget to pay attention to the journey. I have been invited to walk with God, not just make it to heaven, and yet so often I find myself pressing forward focused on the destination that I often forget that I get to walk with Jesus.

The key thing that I need to keep in mind is this: I know when I have arrived in this relationship with Christ when I am standing before him one day. To feel like I have already arrived in my walk with Christ is to stop walking with him. Arrogance, pride, and a lack of teachability is what awaits me when I believe that I have already arrived. And of this I have been guilty. Often.

I can say that the more that I spend time with Jesus the less that I truly understand. I learn more and then learn that I have so much more to learn. And I don't ever want to lose this.

I pray that this attitude is seen and noticeable in me without me even having to say a word. I still have a long way to go with this, but that's the whole point.

No comments:

Post a Comment