Friday, October 12, 2012

Truly FOR Jesus

Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. — John 21:25

And this is how John closes his gospel. 

We only know in part the things that Jesus did while he walked the planet. The things that were recorded have been a constant source of encouragement, training, discipleship, discussion and debate for centuries. And the truth of the matter is that we only have a small glimpse into the life of Jesus that was recorded for us to know about.

I've read this verse before. I've taken this same principle away every time. But this morning it became much more personal. Here's what I wrote in my journal:

"And I pray that I will mimic Jesus in this. May I live my life in such a way that not everyone will know everything that I do for Christ so that the motivation for my service is actually Christ."

No applause from people. No one recording what I do. Nothing. Rather, all for Jesus and to his glory.

One day I do want to sit down with the Great Storyteller and listen to all that he did while he walked the earth. I don't want to rent the video of his life, but rather sit quietly at the Rabbi's feet and listen to what he did and why he did it. Until that day: I will live my life in such a way that Christ is honored and glorified and that others are introduced to him through my words and deeds, all for Jesus and to his glory


No comments:

Post a Comment