Monday, June 27, 2011

Update and Prayer

Good morning you all,
Here is an update on this weekend. It has been a whirlwind. On Friday, I flew into San Francisco and made my way to Sonora, California, to perform the wedding (wedding was on Saturday) of an amazing couple that I met at Mt. Gilead over the years (they were counselors of students where I was the camp speaker). It was AWESOME!!! There is just something about performing weddings for couples who completely and absolutely love Jesus. It was amazing!

Right after the wedding, I drove up to Windsor, California. I was able to teach at Newsong Church at the morning worship gathering as well as a worship event they had that night called "Awaken." God did some great things. First, I in the morning, I had a specific message in mind. During the prayer time before the worship service started, a phrase stood out to me that I heard someone else pray that made me think of Lamentations 3. So, we went with Lamentations 3. I had so many people come up to me and tell me that that was exactly what they needed. I love it when Jesus "changes" things up on me.

Secondly, at the evening worship event, I called people to a total commitment to being a disciple of Jesus. It was awesome to see about 60 people stand up proclaiming to Jesus that they were "All In." I honestly didn't feel great about how I preached that message, but God was faithful anyway.

Here is how you can be praying this week (and for the next couple of weeks):

1). This Wednesday at FLOOD, we are having an outreach for the community. Last week, PFB ran a basketball camp for kids in the community. We saw a lot of kids come out. On Friday, a flyer was given to everyone there inviting them to come back this Wednesday for basketball games in the parking lot and a bbq provided for by FLOOD. I really want to see this be a catalyst for us to reach the community for Jesus in even greater ways.

Also, please pray for Ryan Palmer. He will be teaching for me the next couple of weeks at FLOOD. I am so excited for him to get to share with everyone there. The boy can BRING IT!!!

2). This Thursday, I leave for Palau with a team from PFB. We will be running sports camps in the morning, and then I will be speaking at crusades every night for about a week. This is such a huge opportunity. Please pray for me as I pray through and preach messages. Please pray for the team as well, that we would be empowered by the Holy Spirit to see the unexplainable happen.

Thanks for hanging in there reading this update. I know it was a long one. I appreciate you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment