Monday, June 13, 2011

Prayer Update for this Week...

Hey all,
Here's how you can pray for me and the teaching ministry that Jesus is giving me this week:

1).  This Wednesday night at FLOOD we are continuing in our James series (we are almost done).  We are looking at James 4:13-17.  As I've been studying it this morning something huge has popped out at me: did you know that the Bible teaches that I'm not promised tomorrow? I've been confronted with how much I expect that I will live tomorrow that I plan my life accordingly.  Here's the problem with that: I'm not guaranteed tomorrow.  I'm guaranteed God's will.  Period.

I still have a lot to pray over and prep.  Please pray for me during this process and then pray for me as I preach.  Join us if you can (PFB Worship Center - 601 N. Garey Ave, Pomona or live online at www.pfblive.tv).

2).  This Sunday I get to teach from the book of Mark at the TOGETHER college/young adults Sunday morning community group.  It is going amazingly well.  We have a consistent 18-20 showing up.  Community is beginning to happen in the group.  Please keep praying that God would bring this group together, and pray for me as I teach that morning.

3).  If you wouldn't mind, would you please pray for our junior high choir and director here from PFB Church.  They leave this Thursday for a few days.  They are going on the junior high choir tour.  Thank you so much.

4).  This Sunday morning Pastor Josh Husmann is sharing/teaching at PFB Church.  He is sharing with us his story of Jaxton Husmann, his son he and his family lost to trisomy 18.  This will be a powerful time of worship and study.  Please pray for him as he shares this difficult lesson, praying for God to do the impossible with the difficult (join us at the church or live online; 8:30, 9:45 or 11:11 services).  

You all are amazing.  Thank you for praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment