Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Am So Thankful For You

Hey FLOOD,
I was reading out of Philippians this morning and came across this verse:

"I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.  And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.  It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel.  For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus.  And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God." — Philippians 1:3-11, ESV


God put you all on my heart as I read this passage.  I am so thankful for you all.  I am absolutely blown away how God is using you and working in you all.  Think about it: we have seen 51 people surrender to Christ since January, while also seeing 43 people publicly proclaim their faith in Christ through baptism.

I am so blessed to be your pastor.  Thank you so much for that privilege: I don't take it for granted.  So, thank you.  Thank you for all that you do.  Thank you for being so faithful.  Thank you for your partnership in what God has called us to do.  And remember: the best is yet to come.


What a ride,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment