Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sneak Peak at FLOOD Tonight

And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.  And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."  (Matthew 28:18-20, ESV)


I was sitting in church this past Sunday morning listening to the legendary Glenn Gunderson preaching.  The first passage he read from on our study outline was the one above.  Honestly, my first thought, "The Great Commission. Know that."  He read it and I listened.  But then I went back and read it again.  And the Holy Spirit opened it up in a new way again.

I sat and continued to read it over and over again.  I then prayed, "God, do you want me to teach this on Wednesday?" No answer.  So I went home that day, not thinking much of it, but thinking that I would probably be teaching it at FLOOD.

Monday I go for a prayer walk through the park by my house asking God the same question: "Do you want me to teach this on Wednesday?" No answer.  So I just started talking through what I would be preaching on it.  And as I did, I got completely jacked up about the passage.

Do not miss tonight.  I know that many of you reading this have read the Great Commission.  I know that you have heard it preached, and some of you have even preached the passage.  But I'm telling you: it came alive again to me.  I don't think I have ever been MORE pumped up to preach a message than the one that I am preaching tonight.  Hope to see you there with whoever you are bringing with you.

WORSHIP SERVICE INFO:
Flood Worship: 7pm in the worship Center @ PFB Church
601 N. Garey Ave, Pomona, 91767


Join us live online: www.pfblive.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment