Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Note from Big B Holla to FLOOD

Hey FLOOD,
I just wanted to send you a quick shout-out to let you know that I am so thankful for you all.  Last week was absolutely incredible, watching two people surrender to Jesus and then seeing those two and five others get baptized.  The place was jumping, and a lot of that has to do with you bringing people with you to FLOOD.

I started studying the book of James yesterday for our new series, "In Your Face" (a verse-by-verse study through the book of James), and I am so stinkin' pumped up for this series.  I seriously only got one verse into the book of James and am ready to preach that one verse.  As I've studied the background on James, I have even more respect for him.  Realize this: James uses over 50 imperatives in his epistle.  James does not suggest.  James does not advise.  Rather, James commands.  He tells Christians to step up and live for Christ.  I know how much I struggle with people telling me what to do, which at times can spill over into my obeying Jesus, but I'm convinced that we all need to humble ourselves as we go through this study.

This study is going to be life-changing.  There will be times when it is tough as we are confronted with things that we need to work on and work through, but do not miss a Wednesday.  Invite everyone you know.  Pray for the moving of the Holy Spirit to see true life-transformation happen.

Again, I'm so thankful fo you and I love you all so stinkin' much.  See you this Wednesday night at FLOOD.


            What a ride,

No comments:

Post a Comment