Thursday, December 2, 2010

Update from FLOOD... CAN YOU SAY BAPTISMS?

We started a new series last night called, "THE REASON."  The key verse for this four-week series is this:


For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. — Isaiah 9:6, ESV)


Last night's topic: Wonderful Counselor.  The main point of the message: How to know when it is God that is speaking to you.

At the end of the message I called people to the following:
1).  Salvation
2).  Baptism

When I offered salvation, no one stood up so I moved on to inviting people to get baptized.  The thing is that we didn't have anyone scheduled to get baptized but we still make it available every month trusting that God will work.  As I went on to explain baptism, a high school girl stood up proclaiming to everyone there that she was surrendering to Jesus.  The place went nuts.  I was so excited.

After that, we went back into worship and I went and got ready for baptism.  Not sure how many would be coming (or if anyone would be coming up), I was excited to learn that four people were wanting to get baptized.  We had a mom and her two daughters come up for baptism.  And then, the high school girl who surrendered to Jesus came up and got baptized as well.

God is on the move at FLOOD.  Last night left me speechless.  It's during those times when I don't know what to say that I know that it was truly Jesus doing something.

Thank you for praying.  Keep it up.  God is on the move and it is blowing me away.

PS - When the baptism video is ready to show, I will post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment