Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My FLOOD Christmas Wish

"I know that the LORD has given you the land, and that the fear of you has fallen upon us, and that all the inhabitants of the land melt away before you.  For we have heard how then LORD dried up the water of the Red Sea before you when you came out of Egypt, and what you did to the two kings of the Amorites..." — Joshua 2:9-10a, ESV


Who is saying this? Who is this being said to? Rahab, the prostitute in Jericho, is saying this to the two spies that Joshua sent into Jericho to check out the land.  SIDE NOTE: Isn't that a crazy idea for the two spies to wind up in the home of a prostitute? It is, unless you think about how strangers would normally go into the home of a prostitute.  This would have been the perfect cover.  It's crazy to think of how creative God will get to protect his kids.

BACK TO THE PASSAGE:
Notice the two things that she said...

1).  She had heard about the miraculous that God had accomplished.  In fact, she wasn't the only one to hear about it.  She said, "...we have heard...", implying that the whole city had heard about it.  The account of God splitting the Red Sea when the Israelites left Egypt had made it across the Jordan to the ears of those in Jericho.

2).  She had heard about the victories of the Israelites.  She mentions how she had heard about all of the victories that the Israelites had experienced.

As I read through this passage, I thought about how I want this same reputation most for FLOOD.  I want everyone around us to hear about God accomplishing the miraculous in and through this ministry.  I want his reputation to be the first thing that comes to the minds of anyone who hears about FLOOD.  Secondly, I want everyone around to hear about the people that make up FLOOD and the victory that they are experiencing.  I am well aware of the fact that any victory that I have is because of God's work in me, but I also know that those who don't know Jesus will look at me to see if there is any difference in the fact that I know Jesus.  My life is the greatest testimony of God's power.  So I want myself, and everyone who is part of the FLOOD family, to be an incredible and powerful testimony of God's work.

This is my Christmas wish this year for FLOOD.  And looking at the people that God has already brought in, and the things that he is already doing, I believe my Christmas wish will come true in a way that is beyond what I had only imagined.  Get ready, FLOOD:  the best is truly yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment