Friday, November 19, 2010

Teaching Update...

Prayer Team:

It's been a crazy few days.  I taught at Maranatha High School on Tuesday.  I went there with a specific passage in mind to preach, and Jesus totally changed it up when I got there.  When I showed up and heard about what everyone was going through and how God had been working over the earlier days, he put on my heart a totally different passage.  It was confirmed when after I was finished a young lady came up and shared with me, with tears streaming down her face, how that was exactly what she needed to hear and had been praying about.  That stopped me in my tracks.

On Wednesday night I spoke at FLOOD at PFB.  I taught out of Mark 5:1-20, looking at Jesus healing the man possessed by a demon.  The major theme in the passage was what does a person do when the crisis hits.  We have a choice: we can tell Jesus to go away or we can ask him if we can go with him.  It was a powerful night as about 10 people stood up and met in the prayer room with our prayer team to ask for prayer for healing from whatever they had been dealing with.

Yesterday, I spoke at Cal Poly for Campus Crusade for Christ.  The topic: JESUS IS RADICAL!!! I don't know if I have a more favorite topic to teach on.  It was a blast.  From there I went to APU and spoke to a classroom of graduate students about leadership and ministry.  It was an absolute blast.

Thank you so much for praying.  God is on the move.  I'm so glad I get to be part of it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment