Friday, November 12, 2010

God Reminded Me of Something Through MEGAMIND


I took the boys out tonight to see MEGAMIND.  Honestly, I liked it.  It was pretty funny.  But the part that I loved the most was being with my boys.  Seriously: this was the best part of the whole night.  There we were, with our snacks and drinks, sitting together enjoying the movie.

I found myself smiling as we walked out because I was able to hang with my boys.  And the joy for me: they enjoyed hanging with me.  That blessed me more than I am able to explain in any blog.  And then it hit me: Is this how God feels every time we enjoy him? John Piper is known for this statement: "God is most glorified in me when I am most satisfied in him."  It is when I enjoy God the most that he is most glorified in me.  But I would venture to say this: When I enjoy God the most is when I have truly blessed the heart of God.

What an incredible moment for me as a dad.  What an indescribable reminder to me as a child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment