Thursday, June 3, 2010

Did You Hear Heaven Last Night?

"Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance." - Luke 15:7, ESV

Last night at Wednesday Night @ PFB, the party in heaven lasted 5 times as long because we saw 5 people surrender their lives to Jesus.  After that, we saw four people profess their love for and commitment to Christ by being baptized.  What was even more exciting about the baptisms was that 1 person planned to get baptized that night and three jumped in in their clothes.  AWESOME!!!

I'm telling you: I will never get used to this.  I will never get used to people surrendering to Jesus.  I will never get used to people getting baptized.  I will never get used to more people showing up to worship Jesus.  And I'm convinced that this should be  the exact same thing for every single Christian on the planet.  If there is ever a point when Christians no longer go after those who do not know Jesus, we no longer are living as Jesus did.  His whole reason for coming to earth was to seek and to save the lost.  Jesus' call to us is the exact same thing.  I've said it before: when Christians are content with the size of their churches, it is then that they've become content with the idea of people going to hell.  This can never be.

So we celebrate.  We rejoice with heaven.  Now, let's get back to work so that the party in heaven never stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment