Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Little Light

It's amazing what a little light can do. This morning I left early to pick up a kid from the airport so that he could join us on our mission trip (which if you want to follow click here). As I left I was trying to get the protective cover off of my phone. When I did, my hand jerked and the cover went flying. I pulled over to look for it (because I'm weird like that) but couldn't find it because I didn't have a lot of light to help with the search and rescue mission. So I drove on. A couple of hours later I stopped and waited for the student's plane to land. I figured I would look for it again. This time, however, the sunlight was pouring into my car. I opened the back door and there it was. I was all geared up to pull my car apart and there it was: just laying there kind of mocking me.

As I got back into my car I said outloud to myself (because that's how I am), "Its amazing what a little bit of light can accomplish."

Two things come to mind here:
1. Jesus will light up the dark places of your life to reveal things that need to change. Don't fight it. As hard as it is to face those things, don't fight it.

2. You are light to this dark world. If you know Jesus, your light should be speaking volumes to a hurting world that so desperately needs Jesus.

Remember: it's amazing the difference a little light can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment